Monday, March 15, 2010

Mason Jennings


I just found the coolest thing I think I have ever come across... ever. Credit to I Am Fuel, You Are Friends for this post. This is a recording of a Mason Jennings concert at The Cave (a student-run pub at Carleton College in Minnesota) that dates all the way back to 1998. The concert features Mason Jennings, right at the beginning of his career, playing an entire solo acoustic set - something he does from time to time nowadays but probably did more often earlier in his career. There's some great quick banter but what's even better is that there is a whole slue of unreleased tracks and early versions of songs from his self-titled album (1998), Simple Life (2002), and Use Your Voice (2004). Anyone who knows me knows that this is probably my most beloved find of all time. DOWNLOAD THIS ALBUM NOW. Great, great, great folk music.


Now keep in mind that this was recorded in 1998 at a small college in Minnesota. There are some problems with the recordings (i.e. the very beginning of the last song, Rebecca DeVille, is missing, etc.) but you'll get the point and appreciate the awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment